Everyone wants to lower their electric bills and save money on electricity, but not all of us have the time or money to spend upgrading our homes with new appliances and improved features. Instead of worrying about making a substantial investment to save money on electricity over time, there are a handful of potential strategies that you can implement immediately—quickly and easily—to generate significant savings on your electric bills.
Try these easy changes to make an impact on your energy consumption:
- Unplug your appliances when you aren’t using them. Alternatively, invest in a power strip for areas of your house with multiple nearby appliances and switch it off when the appliances aren’t being used. Appliances continue to use energy even when turned off if they are still plugged in.
- Remove the light bulb from your refrigerator or freezer. It won’t save you much money on your bill, but it is electricity you probably won’t miss paying for.
- Hand wash your dishes. It might take you a few extra minutes to clean up after dinner, but this simple change will save you loads of electricity and water.
- Check your dryer before the cycle ends. Check your clothes 10 to 15 minutes before your dryer cycle is set to end. If your clothes are dry, take them out and save yourself that 10 to 15 minutes of energy consumption.
- Switch your electricity provider. Consider an alternative provider like Star Energy Partners, which can provide you reliable service and help you save money with added benefits.
Not all changes have to be major. Try these little changes to lower your electricity bill without spending much time or money, and keep reading the Star Energy Partners blog for more tips!