Light Emitting Diode (LED) bulbs are a way to save on energy and reduce your electric bill as one incandescent light bulb can cost up to 10 times its original price due to the electricity that it uses during its lifetime. Here are the many benefits of LED light bulbs:
- LED bulbs last longer than compact fluorescent and regular incandescent bulb. In fact, they can last up to 10 times longer than fluorescent and even longer with incandescent lights
- LEDs are more resilient than incandescent bulbs. They don’t have a filament, so while the incandescent bulb would break, the LED one wouldn’t be damaged. LED bulbs can resist jarring and bumping as well.
- Incandescent bulbs get hot and can cause the temperature to rise in your home. LED bulbs don’t have that same heat build-up, so they help to reduce your A/C costs.
- LEDs are mercury-free.
- Even though LEDs cost more than incandescent bulbs, they save you money in the long run. The LED bulb was first used in commercial areas as a way to reduce expensive maintenance and replacement costs. Now there are more LED bulbs available for use in homes, therefore, passing the cost savings on to you.
- LED bulbs are simply more efficient because they use less electricity, keep your house cooler, and last longer, so you buy less bulbs. A small LED bulb in a flashlight can last 10 to 15 times longer than the same incandescent bulb.
LED lights are worth the upfront investment. You’ll find that the bulbs earn their money back over time, and help reduce your electric bill. You can spend the extra time you save from buying other bulbs comparing commercial energy suppliers in your area, and choose an electricity supplier like Star Energy Partners to lower your electricity rate and provide you other products and services to help you reduce energy consumption.