When it comes to saving energy in your dining room, you’ve got more options than you might think. Here are a few ideas for how you can easily start saving energy in your dining room right away!
- Invest in some ENERGYSTAR-rated light fixtures and stock them with energy efficient CFL or LED light bulbs.
- Upgrade to a smart thermostat. Programmable thermostats allow you to schedule heating changes in your home while you are away and provide valuable analytics that can teach you how best to save energy by adjusting your home’s heating patterns. Click here to learn more about the many benefits of a programmable thermostat.
- Keep your air vents and radiators working efficiently by ensuring that nothing covers your air and heat vents. This includes furniture, rugs, and curtains.
- Ensure that all of your windows are weather sealed properly. This is especially important if your dining room is next to one of your home’s exterior walls.
- Take advantage of natural light as often as possible. Open up those windows and let the sun shine in! Not only will this light your room (so you can keep your light fixtures off), but it will also provide some warmth so that you don’t have to crank the heat up.
- Similarly, if you want to reduce your lighting costs during the evening, use candles or some charming ambiance—and energy savings. Installing a dimmer switch can achieve a similar effect.
- If you’ve run out of ideas to increase your dining room’s energy efficiency, you may want to schedule an energy audit. An energy audit will provide you with valuable information on your home’s energy usage and could help point you in the right direction.
Looking for some more energy efficiency ideas? Visit our Energy Saving Ideas page for more inspirations!