Sunday is Valentine’s Day: Are you ready? Valentine’s Day can be an expensive day for romantics and paramours who stop at nothing to woo their significant other. Lucky for you, splurging on a fantastic date night doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Here are a few ways you can save energy on your Valentine’s Day date night!
- Ditch the reservation at the crowded, fancy restaurant and cook a healthy meal at home instead. Not only will you undoubtedly save money, but you’ll also be able to completely control the menu and eat whatever you want. Plus, you can prove to your sweetie that you’re an excellent cook! Here are some great tips for efficiently preparing your delicious, home-cooked meal.
- Set the mood for dinner with some candles or mood lighting (by way of a dimmer switch) and reduce your energy costs. If you really want to maximize these savings, you could get some energy efficient light bulbs as well. Remember: the lower the lumens, the lower the amount of light.
- Check out these other ways you can save energy in your dining room!
- If you plan to snuggle up next to the fire, make sure that your fireplace has been cleaned out and is operating properly. Or you could ditch the fireplace altogether and invest in an energy-efficient fireplace insert!
- Are you going to enjoy a romantic movie? Remember that streaming videos through a gaming console consumes a lot more energy than using your computer or another device.
Taking a trip?
- Are you considering taking a weekend trip? Here are some great travel tips that can save you energy on your way to that romantic locale:
Check out the rest of our Bright Insights blog to learn more about energy efficiency and the benefits of renewable energy for any day of the year!